Join us for a summer reading program that offers prizes and fun for readers of every age!
Kids, teens, and adults earn points for reading (and bonus points for attending library events!) and can redeem points for prizes.
- Register for the summer reading program starting June 1 at Fondulac District Library, and receive an official summer reading point card at registration.
- Each participant is responsible for his or her point card
and must present it to the librarian each time points are redeemed.
- Borrow books, audiobooks, and magazines from Fondulac District Library or download eBooks and audiobooks from fondulaclibrary.org.
- Materials must be borrowed and returned within the program dates to count for the program.
- Reading material must be at or above the participant’s reading level.
- Record your points on your point card.
- Earn 1 point for every 10 minutes (PreK-2nd graders), 20 minutes (3rd-8th graders), or 30 minutes (high schoolers and adults) that you read items borrowed from Fondulac District Library.
- Earn 1 point for attending any Fondulac District Library event.
- Earn 80 points (of which a maximum 10 points are from events) to complete the program.
- Any unredeemed points will be forfeited if a participant’s Point Card is lost. A new card will be issued, and the participant may start over.
- Children not yet able to read can earn points and prizes by listening to others who read aloud to them.
- Once per week, participants may redeem earned points for one or more great prizes and incentives noted on the current prize listing at the library.
- Participants who complete the program (earning the maximum 80 points) and turn in their point card receive a special prize!
- All completed point cards (with the maximum 80 points earned) submitted to library staff by noon on July 31 also will be entered into their age group’s grand prize drawings!
- Prizes are available while supplies last.
- The last day to redeem points is July 31.
Summer Reading Kickoff Steam Day: Saturday, June 3, 10 am-12 pm
- Explore Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math with demonstrations and hands-on activities!
Summer Reading Finale at Splashdown: Saturday, July 29, 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- The party takes place at Splashdown Water Park at 1 Eastside Dr. in East Peoria.
- Registration for the party begins on July 1 in the Youth Services Department.
- The cost of this event is $1 per person with a maximum of $5 per family.
Reading by Design is supported by these proud sponsors of Fondulac District Library’s summer reading program:
Caterpillar Visitors Center
ENTEC Services, Inc.
Firehouse Pizza & Pub
Hive Studio & Gallery
Kinney Land Surveying Co.