Can I reserve books and other materials?
Materials currently checked out by other patrons may be reserved for you by placing a hold on the item. The library will contact you when it is available for you to checkout. Holds may be placed in person at the library, by calling (309) 699-3917, or online.
How do I place a hold?
- Login to the RSACat catalog (upper right corner of the catalog) using your library barcode and PIN (password). After you login, your name will replace the login boxes. (You can place holds without logging in but you will be asked to supply login information for each item.)
- Search the catalog for the material in which you are interested. The search results page will appear.
- Click on a blue Details button or the item title to display more information about the item you selected.
- On the Item Details screen, click on the Place Hold link.
- On the Place Hold screen, you can:
- Change your Pickup Library.
- Set an expiration date after which you no longer want to receive the item.
- Set a suspension start and end date if you will be out of town and do not want your hold filled during a certain period.
- Click on the Place Hold button to complete your hold.
- You will see a message if your hold is successfully placed or a notification if the hold is not allowed. Not all items are eligible for holds.
Ask a librarian for help with any questions about our catalog.
How long are reserved items held?
Items will be held for 7 days. If you are unable to pick up or no longer want your item(s), please call the library at (309) 699-3917.
Sure! For items it does not own, the library cooperates and shares materials with area libraries to get you the items you want and need. To receive materials for other libraries, search the catalogs of all participating libraries and place a hold as you would for items owned by Fondulac District Library.
In addition, the library can request items from libraries outside the RSACat catalog. This free service is available to anyone with a valid Fondulac District Library card. Fondulac District Library staff can locate and request the material and contacts the patron when available. The material may then be checked out at Fondulac District Library by the patron for a specified time period. A request may be placed in person at the library, by phone at (309) 699-3917, or online by using the online Interlibrary Loan Request Form.